32 Splurge-Worthy Products You Deserve To Own In 2019
*Shouts “New year new stuff!” from the rooftops.*
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A cordless Dyson vacuum, because cleaning without this thing sucks — you won’t realize what a chore vacuuming was until you have this in your life forever.
Read one BuzzFeeder’s review to find out why this is a game changing product for your home (#4).
Promising review: “After using it for a few months, I have to say, this is truly a different kind of vacuum. It has the power of a corded vacuum, but is quieter than any corded vacuum I’ve used, and obviously way more portable. From the unique hum that it makes, I feel like I’m in the future when I’m using it. Additionally, I really like the trigger system, so you have fine control over the energy consumption. Furthermore, I initially thought the bin emptying mechanism was a silly gimmick, but it turns out to be really genius, because it scrubs any debris from the filter interface, so you’ll never have to manually clean the bin.” —V.L.
Get it from Amazon for $240.50.
2. A 7-in-1 Instant Pot that’ll basically replace the rest of your kitchen, saving you space and money this year.
This gem has seven functions: rice cooker, pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, sauté, yogurt maker, and warmer. And be sure to check out one BuzzFeeder’s rave review!
Promising review: “This is quite possibly the coolest, most versatile kitchen gadget I’ve ever owned. I love it so much that I’ve purchased two more for friends and relatives. What can it do? I think the real question is ‘What can’t it do?’ I truly believe you could replace every cooking appliance (including your oven and stove top) and do EVERYTHING in the Instant Pot. I purchased two sizes for my own use: the three-quart (which is my almost-every-day workhorse for two person dishes) and the eight-quart (which I bring out to handle my dinner party dishes). Everything I’ve tried has been fabulous. In the realm of kitchen appliances, there is no better investment than the Instant Pot. Highly recommended!!!” —Stereoman
Get it from Amazon for $67.99+ (available in three sizes).
3. A makeup removing cloth that’s gonna erase all the makeup from your face with just water — keeping your skin free of harsh chemicals and your wallet full of the money you no longer spend on disposable makeup removers.
Promising review: “I purchased this based on some positive reviews and now know that they didn’t even touch how amazing this product is. I was tired of using mascara removers and washing my face and still having makeup on. Well, that problem is now gone. This product seriously does what it says — it erases makeup! I could not believe the way it removed my makeup the first time I used it! I use it for a week, toss it in the wash, and use it again. I was wondering how it would clean up in the laundry, and it always looks brand new. I no longer have to use chemicals to remove my makeup!” —StaceyB
Get it from Amazon for $33.20.
4. A gorgeous ladder bookshelf so you can step-up your storage with a piece worth keeping around forever.
Promising review: “Given the price, I decided to keep my expectations relatively low for this piece. So you can imagine my surprise when I found that not only was the quality of this impeccable but it also was incredibly easy to assemble. This piece looks absolutely gorgeous and I am so impressed with how sturdy and stable it is. I still can’t believe how amazing it looks!” —Pippa
Get it from Amazon for $73.99 (available in two colors).
5. A foldable indoor rowing machine that’ll take up almost no space, even though it’ll take your workout to the next level.
Promising Review: “This rowing machine is amazing! It feels almost identical to rowing on the water. It has games that you can play that are based on your rowing performance. The best part is that it folds up and fits in a small closet, (it’s under 5 feet tall when folded up and each half is about 25 pounds, super easy to move around). I’ll admit I was anxious about the noise, but I can do it while watching Netflix and I barely hear it. It’s really quiet and the little bit of air that comes off it is nice.” —Alex
Get it from Amazon for $945 (available in two colors).
6. A backpack duffle bag with a seemingly endless supply of handles, straps, zippers, and pockets so that carrying all your crap doesn’t have to be a weight on your shoulders.
Promising review: “This is a compact bag with a clean exterior design. The shoe compartment easily fits my size 12 basketball shoes.” —Michael S.
7. Or a massive Douchebag for anyone who prefers to bring their entire home with them when they go on vacation.
I mean it seriously when I say this is the best luggage I’ve ever owned. I recently carried a printer in mine (and filled the rest of it with paper), on the subway, in a rainstorm, at rush-hour. It rolled smoothly on flat surfaces and was easy to carry up and down stairs and manuever around other commuters, despite how heavy the printer was (the handles on the sides really come in, well, handy). I came home, walked it up three flights of stairs, and opened it up to see a securely packed printer and perfectly dry paper. Douchbags are awesome.
8. A KitchenAid that’ll be the sous-chef you never knew you needed and never want to cook without again.
Promising Review: “This mixer is an essential kitchen product. It’s sturdy, powerful, and built to last for years. Buy it, find a nice spot for it in your kitchen, and prepare to use it for most (if not all) of your fresh home-baked goods. It’s quiet, considering the speed and strength of the engine, and it’s aesthetically pleasing (an added bonus). The ability to attach a multitude of adapters makes this a very smart investment for the home. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone.” —Ibrahim Yaghnam
Get it from Amazon for $299.99.
9. A pair of silk pillow cases for keeping your skin and hair silky smooth all night long (the literal definition of “beauty sleep”).
Promising Review: “I bought these pillow cases because the skin on my face was dry and my cotton pillowcases were irritating it when I would lay down. Not only did these solve that problem, but my hair is a lot nicer and less frizzy in the morning too. I’m very glad I bought them.” —Rachel Elizabeth Blomberg
Get them from Amazon for $42.99 (available in six colors).
10. A pair of noise-cancelling headphones so you can strut your stuff to Cher (or like, other music?) whenever you feel like it, thank you very much.
Promising Review: “These headphones are amazing! I initially thought the Google Assistant integration would be a small bonus, but I totally underestimated how powerful and convenient it would be. It’s more than just a trigger for voice commands. It’s a surprisingly flawless implementation that allows Google Assistant to turn you into a much more productive multi-tasker. You might be wondering how these headphones perform as headphones. The answer is, great! They’re very comfortable, lightweight, and they don’t make your ears sweat or hurt over long periods of continual usage. The wireless range, sound quality, and the battery life (20 hours) is all top notch for such a portable package. This headset has already exceeded my expectations in so many ways, and I couldn’t be happier with the design.” —Jordan T
Get them from Amazon for $349 (available in three colors).
11. A sleeper sofa with a pull-out mattress for people who often have visitors and often have no place for them to rest their weary heads.
Promising review: “This sofa is such great quality for the money. It’s made with great material and is the perfect size for studios. The cushions hold their shape. I could not find any other pullout sofas of this quality at this size. I would give this more stars if I could.” —KT
Get it from Amazon for $899.
12. A pair of Hunter boots that’ll always be there for you, rain or shine.
Promising review: “I bought these for my girlfriend as we hike and travel a bunch. She loves them! We went hiking the weekend she got them and we actually took a lot of photos of her with the boots. She said they were super comfortable, had good traction, and kept her feet and legs dry. She also has a bit of a larger calf (her words, not mine) so she has some difficulties with taller shoes/boots. She had no problem getting these on and said they were comfortable for the entire hike (which was just over four hours).” —WBH
13. A Casper pillow, the only pillow designed for all three sleeping positions, for anyone who finds drifting off to dreamland a pain in the neck.
Promising review: “This pillow is excellent, it is supportive without being too stiff. It is soft, retains its shape, and provides great support. I no longer have to fight my pillows during sleep. I am completely satisfied.” —Antonio
14. A pair of Allbirds sneakers so comfortable you’ll forget your other shoes even exist.
15. A pair of air pods, because you deserve to plug in without needing a plug at all.
Promising review: “These are the best pair of truly wireless earphones I have ever owned. They are simple to use, sound great, and are great for so many activities: running, commute to work on the train, listening to podcasts and music, and making your friends jealous. If you’re on the fence (as I was) try them out and you will love them. One of the best products Apple has made, it follows the simplistic and high quality design this company is revered for. They’re exceptional!” —Manuel C
Get them from Apple for $159.
16. A three-in-one Ninja kitchen set that’ll blend and process just about every treat you can think of.
This kitchen system comes with a 1500-watt base, an eight-cup food processor bowl, a 72-ounce pitcher, and two 16-ounce to-go cups with lids.
Promising review: “This is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets! I haven’t really used the smoothie cups too much, but the food processor bowl and blender are a three to four times a week thing. With the blender, fill it up with ice, turn it on high and in seconds it has made snow, makes awesome daiquiris. The food processor bowl is really neat. It’s for a set of reduction gears in the base to slow down the blades. Homemade salsa in seconds, and it works very well for mixing cookie dough, pizza/bread dough, and ice even used it to mix beef/pork/veal for meatballs.” —William Allen Horton
Get it from Amazon for $149.
17. A luxe leather office chair for anyone who knows their tailbone deserves some special treatment.
Promising review: “For starters, installation took about 10 minutes without bumping into any problems. I am 6’1″ and 195 pounds, and I work at home and spend about 8–10 hours daily sitting on this chair. So far, it has provided continuous comfort for my back, and my productivity has increased since switching to this chair. After eight months of daily use, the cushioning still feels like new!” —TY16
Get it from Amazon for $109.99 (available in two colors).
18. A cardigan knitting kit so you can create an outfit with your own two hands and show off your skills every time you wear it (bragging rights are worth every penny).
I got a sweater kit from We Are Knitters a few months ago in an attempt to get into a hobby other than listening to true crime podcasts. Guess what? It worked! The directions are simple and it’s super satisfying to start a knitting project already having everything you need. I talked so highly about this kit to my family that my sister sent me a scarf kit for Christmas. If you’re interested in wearing something you made yourself, or just trying out a new skill with detailed help, this kit will be fun and so so satisfying.
Get it from We Are Knitters for $125+ (available in 27 colors and sizes S–XL).
19. A facial cleansing brush for times when you particularly want to wash off the stress of the day (while exfoliating your skin at the same time!).
Read one BuzzFeeder’s review and find out why this thing is a game changer for skincare.
Promising review: “I’m in my late thirties and am still struggling with cystic (hormonal) acne. I needed three to four products to hide the suckers, but after a couple days of using the mini, my skin looked better. A few months later and my skin looks and feels more amazing. It’s soft and smooth. I still get breakouts, but they’re smaller and heal within a day or two. I’ve got a whole cabinet full of skin products and makeup that I just don’t need anymore. Yes, I agree that it’s pricey, but think of how much you’ll save on other skin care products that you won’t need anymore!” —M Gannon
Get it from Amazon for $139 (available in six colors).
20. A self-cleaning litter box that’ll make being a cat parent instantly less crappy and more happy.
Promising Review: “This works so well I didn’t even think my cats were using the box, I thought they were just going in and out. I had to witness them using it to believe it. No smell at all!” —Gloria Silvers
Get it from Amazon for $129.31 (available in two colors).
21. A Dyson blow dryer so well-made, it’s sure to prove it’s not just a bunch of hot air.
Promising review: “This blowdryer is revolutionary! It will change your life by drastically cutting drying time while smoothing your hair at the same time. It makes a huge difference in humid climates! It’s also very light, which makes it easy to pack.” —Fernandina
22. A pair of earrings for anyone who knows a bold earring is ~acute~ angle for any outfit.
Promising review: “I love these earrings so much. I was a little worried about how these would fit me because I have very small earlobes but they fit like a glove. These are my new favorite pair of earrings.” —Ryan Short
23. A silky-smooth, wire-free bra that is sure to lift you up.
I am someone who (although the size of my boobs suggests I should do otherwise) prefers to never wear a bra. I don’t like the feel of standard underwire, straps, cups, or hooks. I found this online and (because I am easily seduced by online ads) thought I’d give it a try. I was eager to see if there was a bra that made wearing a bra worth it. Guess what? YUP. There is. This is literally the most comfortable bra I have ever owned. It doesn’t feel like I’m wearing much of anything, but it gives my melons enough support to suggest otherwise. It’s also so soft I now genuinely prefer wearing this bra to wearing nothing at all. And I mean that.
Get it from True&Co. for $58 (available in three colors and sizes XS–XL).
24. A green tea mattress that’ll be so comfortable house guests will be ~green~ with envy whenever they get the chance to sleep on it.
That green tea memory foam is gonna keep your mattress fresh for years to come (and it has over 15,000 five-star reviews to prove it)!
Promising review: “This bed is the jam! I’m a flight attendant. I sleep in a lot of hotel beds. I know what good and bad beds feel like. THIS BED IS AMAZING. It cured my boyfriend’s back pain and cured my sleepless nights. I can’t remember the last time I slept through the night… now I can’t wake up. This is the Oprah of beds. I am pretty convinced getting this is the best decision I’ve ever made in my life. —Kimberly Wilkins
Get it from Amazon for $156.99+ (available in five sizes).
25. A set of handcrafted ceramic plates — your friends are gonna beg you to ~dish~ and say where you got them whenever you have dinner at your place.
I’ve had my Year & Day dishes/bowls for months now and wouldn’t want to eat without them. They are striking, elegant, and make my twice-weekly microwave dinners look much fancier. I got them because I needed dishes I could throw in the microwave that I actually wanted to look at from the exposed shelving in my kitchen. These are high quality dishes you’ll want to keep around forever. You can also build a personalized set with ceramic plates and bowls in different colors and sizes.
26. A heckin’ fancy multi-use purse that can convert into a cross body, side bag, or backpack (it also comes with a suitcase handle to make traveling a breeze).
Get it from Holly & Tanager for $550 (available in five colors).
27. A cast iron dutch oven for any chefs who want to cook with the very best (looking and cooking) equipment available.
Promising review: “I’ve loved this product! It’s easy to clean and maintain, cooks evenly, and distributes heat well. I plan on using this for the next decade.” —Liz
Get it from Amazon for $59.90+ (available in eight colors).
28. A pair of denim jeans that’ll be in style literally as long as we are on this earth.
Promising review: “I’m usually iffy with Free People’s jeans, sometimes they fit, sometimes they’re not meant for women with hips/butts. But oh my these are amazing. I wore them for a week straight after they arrived. They definitely run true to size. The denim is thick but stretchy for comfort. And the rise on these is perfect. Seriously, buy these without any hesitation.” —cactuslady
29. A Primary Bedding set sure to be a ~snap~ to wash, (the top sheet literally snaps to the duvet cover) while also being the most luxurious bedding you’ve ever tucked yourself in with.
I’ve had my Primary sheets for months now and I can’t imagine sleeping on anything else. For years I’ve avoided using a top sheet because I hated how often it would bunch up in the night and how much longer it took to make my bed with it on (I have enough patience in the morning to spend exactly 30 seconds on making my bed. That’s it.). This bedding is cozy, breathable, and wonderful to sleep in. The color is vibrant and bold (I have the blue) and laundry has never been easier. The snaps make it a cinch to throw the top sheet in the wash, and I never have to worry about it bunching up when I sleep. I highly recommend these to anyone who has a bed and likes to sleep.
30. An ultra lightweight moisturizer for anyone with dry skin who doesn’t want a heavy moisturizer weighing them down.
Promising review: “I am in love with this moisturizer. It’s not too heavy or too light, it’s silky smooth, and I love the fresh smell.” —Lindsay K.
31. A temperature regulating comforter that’ll keep you feeling cool even when things start to heat up in the bedroom.
Promising review: “This comforter is lightweight and perfect for nights where temperatures fluctuate with the changing season.” —LovesClothes
Get it from BuzzFeed’s Goodful line, exclusively at Macy’s for $121.99+ (available in four sizes).
32. And finally, an Oculus Go for those moments when 2019 starts getting too real and you’d like a break in your own virtual reality.
The Oculus Go is a standalone VR headset (meaning you don’t need to connect it to anything) that’ll let you play games, surf the internet, or watch videos in an impressive virtual reality setting. Learn more about why the Oculus Go got me into video games (and why it was my favorite Christmas gift) in my review.
Get it from Amazon for $199.
Begging my bank account to hook me up with enough money to splurge on… all of these.